Monday, March 30, 2009

Back to reality

My husband and I had a blast on our trip to the sunny south.
an expensive blast!
We had budgeted and saved for our trip, so it is a no-debt deal: the hotels etc we put on credit cards are being paid off in full. It does put a dent in my lovely, hard-won savings tickers, though.

I have brushed up my goals for this summer before we move:
I want to save
$1,200 for my US medical insurance next year
$2,500 for a trip home at Christmas
$1,200 for my bank of mom loan payments for next year
$300 for my folks' old folks fund.
that is a whopping total of
$5,200 to save over the next four months. Yikes!

I don't have a separate account for each of these categories, so I'm going to create a lovely lump-sum ticker and maybe dick around with those.
Yeeee haaaa

I am starting out with a grand total of $205 to put towards my goal this week, but the numbers will go up as soon as I get a return on my vacation rental deposit, and some cheques coming my way later in the week.

Great news for this week is that I am expecting both a paycheque from my p/t job, and an EI payment, and my husband and I will be getting combined tax returns of about $1,700, so our goals are within reach, as long as we stick to our budget and be as responsible (and lucky, haha) as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment