Thursday, March 5, 2009

Car repairs:2 Me:0

Well, my truck died yet another tragic death last night... this time I became the proud owner of a new starter motor. At least the mechanics could get it running and drive it to the shop under its own power- no towing fee for me! I didn't call CAA this time because you only have 4 'turns' a year, and I've used up two in our first couple months of membership. Need to save a couple of those get out of jail free cards.

So sadly, the majority of this week's little p/t paycheque went to the mechanics, but I'm relatively on track for budget anyway:

$272 mechanic! boooo
went over grocery budget by $10 with more milk and fruit, but it's almost the weekend again-- not too shabby.
I did manage to save a bit:
$20 to short term wants
$10 to emergency fund-- still unscathed by auto repairs! :)
This leaves about $250 to get me through the weekend and into next week. Easy peasy. I think. Although I do need to buy a doorknob...

To do/financial goals for the next week and change:
Squirrel it away as much as possible- at least $100 out of the next paycheque, divided and put towards short and long term savings goals.
$75 loan payment to Momma
Turn my pile of Canadian gold into a pile of US peanuts :P aka hit up the Foreign exchange before our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment